About our Black Teas
– Type of Tea made from the shrub Camellia sinensis and undergoes complete oxidation. Two varieties of the shrub exist, the small-leaved Chinese and the large-leaved Assamese
– While green tea usually loses its flavor within a year, black tea retains its flavor for several years. For this reason, it has long been an article of trade, and compressed bricks of black tea even served as a form of de facto currency in Mongolia, Tibet and Siberia into the 19th century.
Colour: Rich Coppery Red
Body: Full, Strong
Pairing: Rack of lamb. Meat/mutton sandwiches
Benefits of our Teas:
– Derived from the Camellia sinensis plant, a shrub native to China and India, tea contains unique antioxidants called flavonoids. The most potent of these, known as ECGC, may help against free radicals that can contribute to cancer, heart disease and clogged arteries
– Tea is a great alternative to coffee for the health benefits and its lower caffeine content
– Studies suggest that the caffeine and catechins, a type of polyphenol, in tea may help with weight loss
– Lowers blood pressure and that may be why it can reduce risk of stroke
– Rich source of flavonoids, bioactive compounds that can lessen oxidative stress and relieve inflammation
– Can decrease tooth decay by changing the pH in the mouth and that also prevents cavities
– Studies have shown tea can boost ones immunity
– Great no-calorie alternative to water
There are no reviews yet.