About our Black Teas
– Type of Tea made from the shrub Camellia sinensis and undergoes complete oxidation. Two varieties of the shrub exist, the small-leaved Chinese and the large-leaved Assamese
– While green tea usually loses its flavor within a year, black tea retains its flavor for several years. For this reason, it has long been an article of trade, and compressed bricks of black tea even served as a form of de facto currency in Mongolia, Tibet and Siberia into the 19th century.
Nose: Spicy. Intense
Palate: Rich. Creamy
Pairing: Savouries. After dinner
Benefits of our Teas:
– Has high levels of antioxidants which have been linked to lower blood pressure
– Has anti inflammatory affects due to antioxidants present in cardamom
– According to Ayurveda, it helps in flushing out toxins and according to Chinese medicine, drinking cardamom tea is the secret to longevity
– Cardamom is known to increase the blood circulation in the body and especially to the lungs and therefore, often used as a natural remedy for respiratory disorders.
– Cardamom boosts energy metabolism and helps the body burn more fat efficiently, supporting weight loss
– soothing aroma of cardamom essential oil helps in treating sleep issues such as insomnia, restlessness, and anxiety.
– Aids in digestion and is good for curing stomach problems like gas and constipation. Cardamom contains chemicals that are known to increase the movement of food through the intestine