About our Black Teas
– Type of Tea made from the shrub Camellia sinensis and undergoes complete oxidation. Two varieties of the shrub exist, the small-leaved Chinese and the large-leaved Assamese
– While green tea usually loses its flavor within a year, black tea retains its flavor for several years. For this reason, it has long been an article of trade, and compressed bricks of black tea even served as a form of de facto currency in Mongolia, Tibet and Siberia into the 19th century.
Palate: Fruity. Zesty
Pairing: Carrot cake. Stir fried vegetables
Benefits of our Teas:
– active components in ginger — volatile oils and phenol compounds called gingerols — can help relieve nausea caused by pregnancy, chemotherapy, or surgery. Ginger tea helps calm motion sickness symptoms like dizziness, vomiting, and cold sweats
– Protects against heart disease
– Lowers blood pressure, prevents heart attacks and blood clots, releives heartburn, lowers cholesterol and increases blood circulation
– Studies have shown ginger can prevent obesity and obesity-related complications
– Ginger has been used to treat inflammation for centuries, helps alleviate headaches, menstrual cramps, sore muscles, and other types of pain like pain from osteoarthritis of the knee in particular.
– antioxidants in ginger can help strengthen immunity and reduce stress. Inhaling the steam from ginger tea may also help relieve nasal congestion and other respiratory issues from the common cold or environmental allergies.
Ingredients: Black tea, ginger pieces, peach flavour